Total Access Analyzer is the world's leading Microsoft Access add-in product and designed to help you create better Microsoft Access solutions through comprehensive documentation and analysis. Total Access Analyzer offers more than 380 Reports, making it the most power documentation and analysis program for Microsoft Access professionals.
Error 3388 in Total Access Analyzer: Unknown function 'Date' in validation expression or default value on '<Table.Field Name>'.
This error occurs in Total Access Analyzer if there is a broken VBA library reference in your database.
Before Total Access Analyzer starts documenting your database, it warns you if the database is not compiled with an option to continue. Choosing to continue with a missing library reference can lead to errors like this.
- Error Description: Unknown function 'Date' in validation expression or default value on 'TA2_Errors.Added' (or another table.field name)
- Error Number: 3388
- Procedure: FMS_RunQuery
Before running Total Access Analyzer, make sure your database compiles with no broken references.
To fix a broken reference in your application:
- Open any module or class in the code editor (Visual Basic for Applications IDE).
- From the menu, select Tools | References.
- Look and see if any of the checked references starts with "MISSING":
- If it's not needed, uncheck it. If it is needed, select the missing reference and browse for the file.
- Repeat for all missing references.
Check to ensure that you database compiles, from the IDE menu:
- Select Debug, Compile database. If the database compiles, there are no broken references.
- File, Save to make sure changes are saved
Go back to the database and restart Total Access Analyzer to document your database.
Please sign in to leave a comment.