If you enter a value in the "Database Password" field of the Settings dialog, that password is assigned to the compacted database, even if the database did not originally have a database password.
After Total Visual Agent executes the compact/repair action with the option "Compact onto Original File," the password you entered is assigned as the database password.
Here is how this works:
- Agent makes a Temporary copy of your database
- Agent then compacts and repairs that database
- Agent renames the original database
- Agent renames the Temporary database to the original database file name
- Finally, Agent deletes the original database that was renamed.
During this process Agent uses the database password the user entered on the Settings screen as the database password to use when creating the Temporary database. After the process is completed this password is now the password of the database you ran the compact/repair action on.
To change your database back to having no password:
- Open the database with your copy of Microsoft Access in exclusive mode using the password you entered into the "Database Password" field in the Agent Setting screen.
- Go to the Tools Menu...Security...Unset Database Password... You will then be prompted for the password you used to open the database. Enter that password and then click OK.
- Open Agent and click on Configure. Choose the database that has the password that was previously assigned to it and then click Settings. The value in the Database Password field (in the bottom right corner) should be deleted. Doing this will ensure that the database does not have a password assigned to it again when the compact/repair action is executed.