Total Access Components allows you to enhance your Microsoft Access applications with amazing visual effects, interactive features, integration with the operating system, and other enhancements that are sure to amaze your users, co-workers, clients and boss!
I am receiving error 438, "Update Wizard not initialized properly" when trying to run the Update Wizard for Total Access Components.
The following are all reasons this error can occur with Total Access Components:
- This can occur if you specify a method of a control that does not exist for that control type. For example, the .Eject method applies to the CD Player control, and does not apply to any other control. If you tried to use that method for another control type (e.g. RESIZEControl.Eject), the error would occur.
- Please ensure that you are using the proper method for the control you are using. Each of the controls has a list of methods associated with them and can be found in the user manual and help file.
- The control is not registered properly. Please ensure that you have registered the control properly using the Runtime distribution program (TACRUN.EXE).
- The control is being called from the On_Open event of the form in the project. You must allow Access time to set up the controls before trying to invoke any methods for them. Please move the code to the On_Load or On_Activate event instead.
- Due to a bug in Microsoft Access (2.0, 95, and 97 only), you may encounter this problem if the control (or the form containing the control) was copied. Delete and reinsert the Total Access Component control(s) using the Insert | ActiveX Control menu.