Total Access Emailer is the world's most popular Microsoft Access email add-in product and VBA code library. Simplify the way you communicate with your contacts, and easily share the data and reports from your Microsoft Access databases with personalized emails for each recipient.
How do I setup SMTP in IIS to Support Total Access Emailer?
Microsoft Windows Server 2003 and higher offers a component called Internet Information Services (IIS), which includes an SMTP component. Total Access Emailer supports IIS SMTP for the purpose of sending your email blasts.
To install IIS, please see the documentation for your version of Windows Server (the precise steps may vary according to the version and edition of Windows Server that you are using). Once you have completed the steps to install SMTP IIS on the system, please complete the steps below to configure the server for Total Access Emailer (these steps may also vary according to the version of Windows Server that you are using).
- Ensure that the Service named "Simple Mail Transfer Protocol (SMTP)" is enabled and started (Start, Control Panel, Administrative Tools,
- Go to the Internet Information Services Manager (Start, Control Panel, Administrative Tools, Internet Information Services)
- Right Click on the "Default SMTP Virtual Server", and choose Properties
- On the General Tab:
- change the IP Address to the local IP Address (should be in the drop down list).
- On the Access Tab:
- Authentication - Ensure all 3 boxes are checked.
- Relay - Check all the boxes except the one for "list below"
- Allow all computers which successfully authenticate, regardless of the list above = CHECKED
- Close and click apply and then OK to close the SMTP dialog
- Right Click on the "Default SMTP Virtual Server", and choose "Refresh"
- Open Total Access Emailer, choose Options, and select the SMTP tab.
- For the Connection Type, select SMTP.
- On the "SMTP Settings" tab, type in the name of the server on which you just configured IIS.
- For the Port number, enter 25.
- Leave the Logon Name and Password blank.
- Click Ok.
- Send a test email with your email address in it (or an external email address that you can verify quickly).