If you receive this error while attempting to launch one of our add-in products including Total Access Analyzer, Total Access Detective, Total Access Emailer, or Total Access Speller, it is due to having an out-of-date version of Access. To correct the issue, perform the following:
- Verify the version of Access you are using. This can be done a number of ways based on the version of Access you are using and the operating system. Here is one way:
- This can be located by going to your Control Panel.
- Chose Programs > Programs and Features.
- Click on your program. The version number will be listed at the bottom of File Explorer.
- Using our Microsoft Access Version Releases, Service Packs, Hotfixes, and Updates History locate your version of Access from the blue matrix.
- Verify your build number pre-dates all Service Packs (SP) listed.
- Click the Download or Update number to the most recent Service Pack that you do not have.
- You will be redirected to the Microsoft page to download the update.
Once the Microsoft Service Pack has been downloaded and your Access has been brought up to date, relaunch your project and add-in. Everything will work successfully!
*Please note that Access 2010 64-bit requires SP1 or later. Access 2007 requires SP2 or later.*