Total Access Emailer is the world's most popular Microsoft Access email add-in product and VBA code library. Simplify the way you communicate with your contacts, and easily share the data and reports from your Microsoft Access databases with personalized emails for each recipient.
How do you setup SMTP relay in Office 365?
Total Access Emailer lets you automate email blasts from Microsoft Access using data from your database and attachments using your reports and files. Total Access Emailer sends its emails using Simple Mail Transfer Protocol (SMTP) which bypasses the limitation of Outlook MAPI (Messaging Application Programming Interface).
SMTP requires a sever to process the emails. If you are using Office 365 for your emails, it includes Microsoft Exchange with an SMTP server you can use.
There are two methods that you can use to connect Total Access Emailer (as well as other 3rd party SMTP based products) to your Microsoft Office 365 SMTP Exchange Server:
SMTP Relay authenticates the connection via your IP Address. For this to work, you must grant permission in Office 365 for email to be sent from your IP address.
Client SMTP Submission (by Email Address Login)
This method authenticates the connection using the login for your email address. You can use an email login to also send emails from other email addresses on your domain. To allow this, you must grant permission for the user accounts that are authenticated by the SMTP connection.
Setup Office 365 SMTP to Allow Relay for IP Addresses
SMTP Relay authenticates the connection via your IP Address.
Get Your IP Addresses
This can be your public and/or outbound IP addresses. If you are not sure, use Google or Bing to ask "what is my IP address" to see it, or ask your network administrator. You need to authorize Office 365 to allow SMTP relay for emails coming from this IP address.
Setting up or Updating the Office 365 SMTP Server with IP Authentication
Create an inbound connector with IP authentication.
- Login to Office 365 and from the top menu, select Admin, Admin Centers, Exchange
- Click Mail Flow on the left menu:
- Click on the Connectors option on the top:
- If it exists, select Office 365 Relay, then click Pencil (Edit) button.
- If it doesn’t exist, click the + button to add it, enter a name, click the box to Turn it on and, then press Next.
- Under Sender IP address option, add your IP address(es) and click Next.
- Make sure your settings are correct and click Save
Additional SMTP Resources
For more information on SMTP Servers and Relay, visit:
- Setting Microsoft Office 365 as the SMTP Server for Total Access Emailer
- Setting Google Gmail as the SMTP Server for Total Access Emailer