Total Access Emailer is the world's most popular Microsoft Access email add-in product and VBA code library. Simplify the way you communicate with your contacts, and easily share the data and reports from your Microsoft Access databases with personalized emails for each recipient.
Problem when Total Access Emailer Add-in Starts
An unexpected error occurs when you launch Total Access Emailer from the Database Tools, Add-Ins menu. Total Access Emailer crashes with its error form:
Total Access Emailer has a feature to remember the last location of its main form and column widths. It is failing if the database uses Overlapping Windows and its main form is minimized when the database is closed. This is never a problem if your database is set for Tabbed Documents.
This error occurs when:
- The database is set under Access, File, Options, Current Database to Overlapping Windows (not Tabbed Documents).
- Total Access Emailer add-in was previously launched:
- Its main form was minimized, then
- Access was closed.
- When that database is reopened and Total Access Emailer is launched, the crash happens.
Fortunately, there are workarounds until we update our add-in.
Workaround 1: Reset for One Database
- From Access, open your database and change it to Tabbed Documents. Under Options, Current Database, set Document Windows Options to Tabbed Documents.
- Close and reopen your database (needed for the setting change to be applied).
- Launch the Total Access Emailer add-in.
That should work and resets the settings stored for your database. Reset the Document Window Options back to Overlapping Windows. Close Access, reopen your database, and the add-in will work.
Workaround 2: Reset for All Databases
This option removes all your custom settings across all the databases you've run the Total Access Emailer add-in. The setting are stored in a database named tae_user.mda in your Users folder.
C:\Users\[MyName]\AppData\Roaming\FMS\Total Access Emailer\[Version]\tae_user.mda
where [MyName] is your Windows login, and [Version] is the number associated with your Total Access Emailer version. For instance, 16.0 for the 2016 version, 18.0 for the 2022 version.
Delete the tae_user.mda. The Total Access Emailer add-in will recreate it the next time it is run.
This will be fixed in the next update of the Total Access Emailer add-in. We do not have information on when that will happen.