Total Access Emailer is the world's most popular Microsoft Access email add-in product and VBA code library. Simplify the way you communicate with your contacts, and easily share the data and reports from your Microsoft Access databases with personalized emails for each recipient.
After running Total Access Emailer successfully for years with Office 365's SMTP server, users are suddenly blocked from doing so.
Assuming it's not because the account's login changed (user name and password), the most likely cause is security changes with Office 365.
Microsoft is Increasing Permissions on their Office 365's SMTP Servers
Microsoft is constantly updating the security settings and requiring explicit permission to allow the SMTP server and email accounts to relay messages. Settings that previously allowed it by default, now have to be explicitly set.
Configuring Office 365 to Send Emails
This applies to Total Access Emailer but also applies to any program emailing with the Office 365 SMTP server.
There are two connection protocols for emailing with Office 365:
- SMTP. For SMTP, your Office 365 account needs to be authorized to send emails from the specific public IP addresses you are running Total Access Emailer.
- TLS: For TLS, the email address that's used for the SMTP server under Options must be configured for mailbox delegation (relay) to send emails on its behalf and any other specific email addresses used in the FROM address.
Visit our web page for details on configuring an Office 365 account to use SMTP with a designated IP address or TLS for specific email addresses: Office 365 SMTP Relay Configuration to Send Emails via the Office365 Exchange Server
New Total Access Emailer Releases
We are pleased that new versions of Total Access Emailer are available to address the TLS protocol issues introduced by Office 365's SMTP server and Windows Security updates. New releases include:
- Total Access Emailer 2021 for Access 365/2021 and 2019
- Total Access Emailer 2016, Version 16.8
- Total Access Emailer 2013, Version 15.8
- Total Access Emailer 2010, Version 14.8
The new X.8 versions also include many other enhancements. Existing customer can upgrade for a discounted price.
Additional Support Resources