Hi, When I add a field to a URL link the following characters replace the brackets [ ]
%5b and %5d respectively
I need to manually edit the url and replace those character with a brackets [ ]
Each time I edit the html text I need to repeat this process.
Can you please help.
Thank you for your post.
Do you have the Field References option enabled for your blast?
Where are you manually editing the URL?
Yes I have Field References enabled.
I go to the HTML tab and click on the Display Code sub-tab.
BTW: I posted on May 19th today is Sept 16. Why the delay?????
We're sorry for the delay in responding to you. We had missed your inquiry originally, however, we appreciate your willingness to correspond with us after-the-fact.
Try this. Click on "Hide Code". Then insert your field reference in the text box. In other words, the field reference itself is designed to be inserted in the display mode, as opposed to the code view mode.
In a test, I edited the first record in that example to use a URL. I then previewed it.
There is a working example of using a field reference with HTML in the sample database. See blast ID 15. See if that helps and let us know. The sample database can be found within the installation folder of Total Access Emailer.
I did add the field in the 'Display Mode' but the field is PART of a link. For example below notice that the [Id] field and the [EmailLoginCode] are part of a link: When I copy and paste it into the display mode those funny characters come up. And when I make any changes to the html I need to go back into the display code and manually change it. Please recreate my scenario yourself and you will see.
Please sign in to leave a comment.