Total Access Emailer is the world's most popular Microsoft Access email add-in product and VBA code library. Simplify the way you communicate with your contacts, and easily share the data and reports from your Microsoft Access databases with personalized emails for each recipient.
Receiving the following error when trying to use SendGrid as the SMTP server:
SMTP protocol error. Could be caused by invalid or unnecessary user name and password. (Error 20162) SMTP protocol error. 550 the from address does not match the verified Sender Identity. Mail cannot be sent until the error is resolved. Visit https://sendgrid.com/docs/for-developers/sending-email/sender-identity/ to see the Sender Identity requirements.
Verify that you have created an API Key on SendGrid.
- Logon to SendGrid.
- Click [Email API] on the left hand side and select [Integration Guide].
- In the 'SMTP Relay' panel, click the [Choose] button.
- Give your API Key a name, click the [Create a Key]. A (very long) password will be generated and you will need to configure Total Access Emailer with the settings provided by SendGrid.
- Create a text file in the folder where Total Access Emailer is installed called temail.txt
- Edit the file and enter a FROM email address that your SendGrid account is authorized to send emails FROM.
- From the Total Access Emailer add-in, click the [Options] button.
- Select the 'SMTP Setting' tab and fill in the following information in the 'Mail Server'.
- Connection Type: SMTP
- Port: 25
- Mail Server Name: smtp.sendgrid.net
- Logon Name: apikey
- Logon Password: (The password generated by SendGrid, it is a long password.)
- When you click [OK], Total Access Emailer validates your SMTP settings and should save it without a problem. From [Preview], you can send an email to yourself to verify your SMTP server is working.